Sunday 29 January 2012

Well Life is still continuing here at the Zoo.

Some changes taking place- Again- WTF! Anyway my niece D and bf C are moving out and taking the Mr snuggles and Kringes with them - :( . Bolt will miss the company and so will I. It seems that there is never a day or week that doesn't hold some major upheaval lately.

I am not saying I wont be ok - I like the idea that my home is now all mine to hang out in and I do not have to be dressed when I walk downstairs or be cheerful in the mornings instead of a grouch before my caffeine levels reach an acceptable level.

I have NEVER lived alone in all my 49+yrs [there I said it ] And technically I am not alone I do have my Bolt to keep me canine company, but its not the same as a person that you see ,speak with, do the social compromise dance with on a daily basis. That dance is comforting even if you don't get along because we as human creatures are Social and like to live with our packs or tribes.

I am trying to reconcile the Pack of ONE that is Me Connie - Who am I What do I like - what rhythms do I dance to daily? Being Alone or being Solitary has so many adjustments, I ask myself things like - Why Do I get up in the early AM - I can stay in bed till noon if I want to. I never have to sweep/dust/tidy clean my house everyday as who will criticize the dust or the untidiness of my space? I can turn the music up to blasting and feel the blows of the Bass line to my very core if i want to ~ If I want to.

Just as the world follows a path and the seasons have a a pattern to follow, I find myself settling into my own rhythms. I need purpose- I have a space  inside that is waiting for   Something ... Something ... that only I can provide - that no one else can give me and i have not discovered yet. Maybe I have and I have not allowed myself to feel it. To feel Whole as a ONE instead of a part of someone else.

The zoo needs routine and purpose. I am looking forward to the NEW DANCE of my Life

Listening to Diana Krall  at the ZOO






1 comment:

  1. Connie,sre you having troubles getting into this blog site?

    ReplyDelete